In July of 2019, Wisconsin’s Post Adoption Resource Centers came together under one statewide program, Wisconsin Adoption & Permanency Support. The program is committed to providing quality support, information and education to all of Wisconsin’s adoptive and guardianship families, birth families, and adult adoptees. Our program is built on collaboration with individuals, professionals, organizations and community members throughout Wisconsin who are impacted by adoption & guardianship.
Services offered include:
- 24/7 Toll-Free Number providing immediate access to supportive specialists who can provide information and referrals for personal & community support
- Peer-to-peer support through our Connections Program
- Short-term in-home support offered through the GIFTS Program
- Educational workshops and conferences for foster, adoptive or guardianship families
- Online directories of mental health professionals and local support groups by region
- Quarterly newsletter
- Lending libraries at five statewide locations with extensive collections of books and DVDs
- Consultation, training and educational resources available for professionals
- Facebook page with multiple online support groups
The program is funded by a grant from the Wisconsin Department of Children & Families and managed by Catholic Charities of the Diocese of La Crosse.